Not only is watermelon a tasty food it also has a lot of nutritional benefits. Watermelon is 92% water which helps you stay hydrated, it also keeps you feeling full longer! Watermelon has a lot of vitamins and minerals- Vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium, magnesium, vitamins B1, B5, and B6. Watermelon also has a lot of carotenoids, including beta-carotene and lycopene. This may be hard to believe but researchers found that watermelon contains lycopene and cucurbitacin E which can help prevent cancer and tumors! Watermelon juice is a good recovery beverage after exercise. The citrulline is responsible for its effect on easing muscle soreness. In a 2012 study, researchers found that watermelon extract can reduce blood pressure in and around the ankles of middle-aged people with obesity and early hypertension. Choline, which is found in watermelon, may help slow the progression of dementia.
Watermelon Sorbet Recipe
- Lime juice (or lemon juice)
- Sugar (if you want to sweeten it up)
- Prepare the watermelon by cutting it into cubes and freezing it
- Add the watermelon chunks to the bowl of a food processor, and add a little bit of lime juice. – start with juice from about half a lime.
- That’s it! Make sure it’s the texture you want and you are done!